Corporate Social Responsability
Servdebt recognises that the involvement of the community is crucial for its success. These are the people who make it possible for the company to grow and our business is carried out by them, for them and through them. Without them, we would not be where we are today. To this end, we are constantly striving to improve our social responsibility policy, as we see this responsibility as a crucial part of our growth.
We know the importance of caring for the environment, and specifically issues of Environmental Sustainability. For this purpose, all employees make a contribution through a global commitment to the preservation of the environment and the promotion of energy saving and efficiency.
In 2010, an environmental strategy plan was introduced with a number of initiatives to reduce energy consumption of computer equipment and air conditioning units.
Servdebt seeks to maximise the socioeconomic advantages of its operations through internal solidarity campaigns which benefit charitable associations. One such example is Ajuda de Berço, an organisation to which Servdebt has delivered food and clothing donated by employees.
- Replacement of CRT monitors with TFT monitors (50% less consumption)
- Replacement of Desktops with Laptops (80% less consumption)
- Optimisation of AC with temperature set points (10% less consumption)
- Reuse and recycling of materials (paper, cardboard, plastic, batteries, light bulbs, toners and ink cartridges)
- Adoption of Paper Free and Clean Desk policies
- Social solidarity actions - monetary and/or in kind donations to various social institutions, such as Ajuda de Berço, IPO Lisboa and IPO Porto, Operação Nariz Vermelho, CASA – Centro de Apoio aos Sem-Abrigo, MIMAR, Fundação Aboim e Ascensão, Exército de Salvação.